So I was sorely disappointed when I realized that I wasn’t going to be able to just start up where I left off a few months ago. I tried to dive head first back into my workouts… and let’s just say that was a bad idea. My sciatica came back which has hindered my further right now, and I basically crashed and burned. So I am going to be taking baby steps to get back in the game… even though I am not happy about it! I call my workouts my “old lady” workouts now. I hate getting older! lol
I wish I had never stopped, but hey, sometimes life gets in the way.
However I am making changes in my job and in my life in order to focus more on my health.
- I am meeting with one of the trainers at my gym to discuss personal training and guidance in reaching my goals. I know personal training is expensive, and I get that most people don’t do it. The only problem is that without proper attention and education, a lot of people are doing the exercises wrong. In failing to do them correctly you are setting yourself up for possible injury, working the wrong muscles/not getting the maximum benefit out of the exercise, and just generally failing at life (lol jk!).
- My gym (Vent Fitness) also does these small classes called NXT classes which I found extremely helpful. It is almost like personal training because there are only a maximum of 5 people per class. The trainers at the gym teach them, and they really help you learn, correct your form, and push you to be better. Getting in the reinvent program which allowed me to take these classes for a couple of months was beyond worth it. I love my gym, and I really believe in it. You may hear me talking about them all the time, and you’ll just have to get over it :-p
- Ok…I just got a little off topic…
- What are my goals!??
- lose weight
- tone/build muscle
- get certified to teach some sort of group class (yoga, spinning etc!)
- compete in either a bikini or figure competition in 2015
- What are my goals!??
- I just got a new job that is going to hopefully bring less stress into my life. I just realized that no matter how much I work, and how much effort I put into one of the jobs I am currently working, it won’t matter. I will never get the recognition I deserve, or the appreciation. I am killing myself for inadequate pay, and slight chaos. For someone who can have anxiety issues, chaos is not good…not good… :-p
Ok dog needs attention
Post more later
Love dog now