The Barbell Deadlift (or in this case, the broom deadlift :-p)
- Stand feet shoulder width apart in front of the barbell.
- Looking straight ahead, squat and grab the barbell with a wide overhand grip.
- Make sure your knees are close to the bar.
- Push through your heels as you stand erect while holding the barbell below you at arms’ length.
- Stand fully erect while holding the completed movement.
- Be sure to squeeze your glutes at the top!
- Carefully reverse the process, lowering the barbell to the ground.
- Arching your back- your core should be tight, use a mirror to make sure your back is straight throughout the whole movement.
- Locking your knees.
- Do not do this exercise if you are experiencing knee pain.
- If you have any health concerns, you should always check with a doctor before performing specific exercises
Follow me on Instagram: FIGHTWITHFITNESS
Friend me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alisa.rogne.1
I am here for you. I will do my best to help you with your health both mental and physical ❤
Even if you just need someone to talk to or listen.
I would love to hear your story.
Schedule for the week of June 9th 2014
Monday: Leg Day (3 sets of each exercise as always)
- 15 minute warm up
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Curls
- Smith Machine or Barbell Squats
- Narrow, wide, sumo so total of 36 each time (3 times so a total of 108 squats when you are done theoretically… lol)
- OR I like to start off at 20lbs, and then progressively add 10 onto each side until I can’t do anymore squats
- I have been able to get to 100lbs, but I can only do 2-3 squats at that point
- So push yourself, but be safe!
- Side lunges x 20
- If I am with someone I will do these while I wait for them to be done with their sets
- If I am alone, I will just rest in-between sets
- Interval Training: jump rope or landmines
- 1 minute on with 30 seconds rest for around 7.5 minutes
- Calf Raises
- If I am waiting for my partner to finish
- If I am alone simply rest in-between sets
- Leg Press
- Hip adduction machine
- Hip abduction machine
- Interval Training: burpees (I have to do frog burpees because of my knees, but do whatever you are comfortable with!)
- 1 minute on and 30 seconds rest like before
- Romanian Deadlifsts
- Walking or Stationary Lunges
- Kettlebell Swings
- Dumbbell Squats to failure
- Make sure to stretch!!!!!
- Shows you how to do some of the exercises!
- Spinning Class (5:30 AM or whenever)
- Bench Press
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Plate Press
- Cable Machine (if I am feeling frisky adding that on :-p)
Wednesday: Back and Abs
- Probably go for a run/sprints this morning
- Check out that video- where I got the exercises from
- Close-Grip Bent-Over Row and Dumbbell Pull-Over
- Do them together with no to little rest inbetween
- Chin ups and Barbell Bent-Over Row (Wide Grip)
- Cable Crunches
- Leg Lifts
- Fork/whatever crunches (cannot figure out the name at all, driving me crazy!)
- Bicycle Crunches
- Anything else I feel like adding ❤
- Interval Training
- Video on how to do these exercises from Scott Herman on YouTube!
- 4 rounds, 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest, 8 minutes total
- Handstand Push-Up (how about just a handstand….lol…yeah that is totally not happening yet baha)
- Flutter Kick (1-1 count)
- Check out the video, got this workout grouping from him. I really like his routines and how he explains them!
- Dumbbell Military Press
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- Dumbbell Front Raise
- Rear Deltoid
- Barbell Shrugs
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps