I did it! I ran my first 5k! When I say ran, I actually successfully ran the whole way! I am so proud of myself 🙂 I didn’t think I could do it honestly! I haven’t run a full 3.5 miles in like ummm 2 or more years I think. So when I went today I thought I would just do my best, and I did!
Although let me tell you… Ummm I might have gone a little off course.
Yes! Embarrassingly enough I managed to somehow run past a turn, and proceed to run up this very large, steep hill that I almost died trying to climb… Only to realize that there was no one else around me anymore! I therefore had to turn around, and run down through the woods to find the rest of the runners. I emerged from the forest to find people I had passed a ways back looking at me like what the heck!!! Bahaha :-p Yup I am one of those people blessed with the ability to do something wrong/get lost no matter what! I was laughing at myself the whole way home.
So instead of 3.5 miles I am pretty sure I ran at least 4 miles, and I am going to be taking 5 or so minutes off my time! LOL Oh geez…. Really!!!????
So I am feeing accomplished. Happy. Satisfied.
That endorphin rush was well worth it!
Can’t wait! Already asked off and everything! You should totally join me, the last one was so much fun.
So already I am behind on my schedule! *grrr* I was SUPPOSED to do leg day on Monday…but hey I guess everything doesn’t always go as planned and we just have to improvise ;). This workout was particularly hard for me, possibly because it was my first time at the gym since I got sick. I didn’t get to get everything in, but what I missed I will add in later on today after work!
- 15 minute warm up on the elliptical
- Leg extension machine x12 (3 sets)
- I WAS going to do the leg curl machine afterwards, but you know…some ladies need their social time and thus decide that they need to do it while they are “working out”…. Makes me so angry. DO NOT DO THIS!!! There are people who go to the gym to actually accomplish something rather than exercising their jaw muscles… Have a little respect and consideration for others <3.
Sorry about the rant, might feel a little strongly about this :-p.
Ok :-p I think I got that off my chest ❤
back to my workout…
- Smith machine squats (narrow, wide, sumo)
- 20lbs x12, 12, 12
- 40lbs x12, 12, 12
- 60lbw x12, 12, 12
- 80lbs x7, 7, 7
- 100lbs x3, 2, 3
- Romanian deadlifts (60lbs) and lunges
- x20 (deadlifts), 20 (lunges on each leg, so total of 40)
- x15, 20
- x16, 29
- x9, 15
- Seated calf raise (in, middle, out)
- 70lbs x12, 12, 12
- 75lbs x12, 12, 12
- 80lbs x12, 12, 12
- Dumbbell squat 25lbs for the duration of the song : Wiggle by Jason Derulo (yes I know…I just can’t help myself…)
- Side lunges for the duration of the songs: Stay with My by Sam Smith, and Wild Love by Pitbull
I then had to haul a** out of the gym to make to do dinner with Nate and Paige!
Schedule for the week of June 9th 2014
Monday: Leg Day (3 sets of each exercise as always)
- 15 minute warm up
- Leg Extensions
- Leg Curls
- Smith Machine or Barbell Squats
- Narrow, wide, sumo so total of 36 each time (3 times so a total of 108 squats when you are done theoretically… lol)
- OR I like to start off at 20lbs, and then progressively add 10 onto each side until I can’t do anymore squats
- I have been able to get to 100lbs, but I can only do 2-3 squats at that point
- So push yourself, but be safe!
- Side lunges x 20
- If I am with someone I will do these while I wait for them to be done with their sets
- If I am alone, I will just rest in-between sets
- Interval Training: jump rope or landmines
- 1 minute on with 30 seconds rest for around 7.5 minutes
- Calf Raises
- If I am waiting for my partner to finish
- If I am alone simply rest in-between sets
- Leg Press
- Hip adduction machine
- Hip abduction machine
- Interval Training: burpees (I have to do frog burpees because of my knees, but do whatever you are comfortable with!)
- 1 minute on and 30 seconds rest like before
- Romanian Deadlifsts
- Walking or Stationary Lunges
- Kettlebell Swings
- Dumbbell Squats to failure
- Make sure to stretch!!!!!
- Shows you how to do some of the exercises!
- Spinning Class (5:30 AM or whenever)
- Bench Press
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Plate Press
- Cable Machine (if I am feeling frisky adding that on :-p)
Wednesday: Back and Abs
- Probably go for a run/sprints this morning
- Check out that video- where I got the exercises from
- Close-Grip Bent-Over Row and Dumbbell Pull-Over
- Do them together with no to little rest inbetween
- Chin ups and Barbell Bent-Over Row (Wide Grip)
- Same as before
- Cable Crunches
- Leg Lifts
- Fork/whatever crunches (cannot figure out the name at all, driving me crazy!)
- Bicycle Crunches
- Anything else I feel like adding ❤
- Interval Training
- Video on how to do these exercises from Scott Herman on YouTube!
- 4 rounds, 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest, 8 minutes total
- Handstand Push-Up (how about just a handstand….lol…yeah that is totally not happening yet baha)
- Flutter Kick (1-1 count)
- Check out the video, got this workout grouping from him. I really like his routines and how he explains them!
- Dumbbell Military Press
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- Dumbbell Front Raise
- Rear Deltoid
- Barbell Shrugs
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps
- Zumba at 11:15 with Roxy at Vent Fitness in Clifton Park!!
- Straight-Bar Curl (Wide Grip)
- Inside-Grip EZ Bar Curl
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl
- Hammer Curl
- Side Curl
- Overhead Triceps Extension
- Skull Crusher
- Bent-Over Overhead Triceps Extension
- Alternating Reverse Pull-Down and Push-Down
- Single-Arm Reverse Pull-Down
Decided to hike the second highest peak in New York last week! It was so beautiful, and Dino really enjoyed the hike. The little trooper must have walked at least 3-4 miles himself, and them was carried half of the way when it got steep. You know you are getting in shape when you hike 8 miles and are totally fine the next morning! I was completely surprised. Last time we did Marcy and I DIED the next day. The only bad thing was I definitely got a sunburn, but hey next time maybe I will remember the sunscreen! I would recommend the Adirondacks to anyone who is looking for a beautiful place to do some outdoorsy things. It is just gorgeous, I am in awe every time we drive up there.
Have I ever mentioned how telling the truth of how things are in your life and fessing up are the hardest things for me? I am so much better at blocking out the bad and pushing forward. Sometimes though, you cannot keep running, it eventually catches up. Which totally sucks by the way :-p
So I saw my doctor and confessed to him everything that has been going on. How I didn’t finish school, and have not been really great about taking my medication like I should. He gave me homework:
#1- get an app to remind me to take my pills, and actually do it
#2- get in touch with my advisor and talk to her about everything
He also mentioned that possibly my venture into this whole fitness thing might be some sort of coping mechanism to help me feel better about not doing well in school. Sort of a, I am working hard in one area to make up for my lacking in the other. While I do not regret the choice to live a healthier lifestyle, this does makes sense, and I am going to try to be more aware of it, and I am never going to give up on school. I will finish no matter how long it takes me!
#3- I have to get another hand brace that fits properly. The official diagnosis is De Quervains Tenosynovitis! So I just need to take some Aleve, ice my hand, and give it tons of rest. Nothing major, just more annoying than anything.
And just remember!
Keep up the hard work in whatever you are doing. Something is better than nothing!
- Workout 5/8/2014
- 7:00am gravity class
- 7:30am stabilyze class
- Romanian deadlifts (I can go a lot further down because unlike most of these people in these videos I am actually flexible baha)
- Leg Press Machine with 20 lunges in-between sets (40 total)
- Hip abduction machine
- So what I do is spread my legs so I can feel it in the upper/side of my butt/leg and I do little bounces back and forth keeping the muscle engaged the entire time and squeezing as I go the furthest out I can (“pulsing” is the word I am looking for!).
- So 5 turns of 10 bounces (not sure what else to call it lol) 3 sets of each
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB67P2N-iHE lol usherrrrrrr
- Smith machine squats so 5 total sets increasing weight and pushing till failure towards the end!
- Narrow/normal stance x 12
- Wide stance x 12
- Sumo x 12
- Narrow x 12
- Wide x 12
- Sumo x 12
- Narrow x 12
- Wide x 12
- Sumo x 12
- Narrow x 8
- Wide x 5
- Sumo x 5
- 100lbs (1st time doing this!!! ❤ so happy)
- Narrow x 2
- Wide x 2
- Sumo x 2
- Standing calf raises
- 6 resistance x 12 (set 1)
- 7 resistance x 12 (set 2)
- 8 resistance x 12 (set 3)
- Landmine lunges
- Sort of like that but I take the bar to one side dip down into a lunge then push back up doing the normal landmine move to the other side, then I dip down into a lunge onto the other side. I did this for 1 minute and I usually rest for 30 seconds and then go again for 5 sets…butt I was a little tired so I had 1 minute on and 1 minute rest x5.
- Just make sure to keep abs engaged, and push off your heels, keeping proper lunge form. Do not round the back and watch the bar, if you dip it too low your back rounds and the bar can come out of the plate if you are using one to hold the bar in place! (I believe this is about ittttt maybeh…)
- Hip adduction machine
- 130lbs x 12 (3 sets)
- Good nice and long stretching session!!!
Leg day 5-8-14 (word document for those of you who would like to look at it that way!
All done! ❤